Updated: September 10th, 2018.
Soch is an audio visual platform dedicated to raising awareness of political and social justice causes. The platform is owned, organized, and operated by Green & White.
This Policy has been issued by Green & White, on behalf of itself, its subsidiaries and its affiliates (together, “we”, “us” and “our”) and is addressed to individuals outside our organization with whom we interact, including customers, visitors to our website www.sochvideos.com, users of our application(s) Soch, and other users of our services (together, “you”).
For the purposes of this Policy, Green & White is the Controller.
We take your privacy very seriously and are committed to protecting your information. Therefore, in this Policy, we explain how we collect, use, disclose, store, secure, and dispose of your information.
- COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
- We collect Personal Data about you from the following sources:
- Data you provide: You can provide your Personal Data to us (e.g. where you contact us via email or telephone, or by any other means, or when you provide us with your business card, take part in interviews, provide your input / content, or you create your profile);
- Relationship data: We may collect or obtain your Personal Data in the ordinary course of our relationship with you (e.g. if you purchase a service from us, where applicable);
- Data you make public: We may collect or obtain your Personal Data that you manifestly choose to make public, including via social media (e.g. we may collect information from your social media profile(s), if you make a public post about us);
- App / Site data: We may collect or obtain your Personal Data when you download/use our application(s) or visit any of our websites or use any features or resources available on or through a website / application;
- Subscription Details: We collect the information provided by you when you use, or register to use, any of our website(s), application(s), or service(s);
- Content and advertising information: If you choose to interact with any third party content or advertising on a website or in an application, we may receive Personal Data about you from the relevant third party;
- Third party information: We may collect or obtain your information from third parties who provide it to us (e.g. law enforcement authorities etc.)
- We may also create Personal Data about you, such as records of your interactions with us, and details of your purchase history, where applicable.
- We collect and process the following information:
- Personal and Demographic information: This includes information such as your name, photograph(s), gender, date of birth, age, nationality, salutation, title, language preferences;
- Contact Details: This includes your phone number(s), email address(es), correspondence address(es), details of your public social media profile(s);
- Consent Records: This includes records of any consents you may have given, together with the date and time, means of consent and any related information(e.g. the subject matter of the consent);
- Purchase details: This includes records of purchases and prices and maintaining a history of the same;
- Payment details: This includes invoice records, payment records, billing address details, payment method preferences, bank account or credit/debit card numbers, cardholder or accountholder name(s), card/account security details, card ‘valid from’ date and card expiry date, BACS details, SWIFT details, IBAN details, payment amount(s), payment dates, and records of cheques etc. Essentially all details necessary to process payments and maintain preferences are included;
- Device information: This includes information about the computer, mobile device, or any other device used to access our website(s), application(s) or service(s), such as IP addresses, unique device identifiers, browser type, operating system, browser language, browser settings, dates and times of connection, usage statistics, settings, location data, technical communication information, and other preferences automatically collected;
- Data Related to websites and applications: This includes information such as username, password, security login details, usage data, aggregate statistical information, view counts, likes, downloads etc., site activity information;
- Employer Information: If you communicate with us in your capacity as an employee, we may ask for the name, address, telephone number and email address of your employer;
- Content and Advertising Data: This includes records of your interactions with our online advertising content, records of advertisements and content displayed on pages or application screens displayed to you, and any interaction you may have had with such content or advertising (including mouse hover, mouse clicks, any forms you complete (including forms not submitted) and any touch screen interactions);
- Views, opinions, star ratings, likes, reviews and comments: This includes any views and opinions that you express or choose to send to us, or publicly post about us on social media platforms, or express in comments, or through star ratings, likes or reviews on our website(s) and applications;
- USE OF INFORMATION
- We may use or process your information based on having your prior, express consent to do so; or where it is necessary in connection with any contract that you may enter into with us; or where it is required by the applicable law; or it is necessary to protect the vital interests of any individual; or where we have a legitimate interest in carrying out the processing for the purpose of managing, operating or promoting our business.
- We use the information we have (subject to choices you make) for the following purposes:
- Provision of services: providing our website(s), application(s) and service(s) to you; operating, providing, updating, generating, distributing, marketing, and customizing our content; providing you with the services that you have requested, providing you with any promotional items at your request, and communicating with you in relation to those services; displaying advertising and other information to you; communicating and interacting with you; notifying you of changes; improving your user experience;
- Content: creating, generating, selecting, editing, displaying and rendering of content and media in audio, video, print, online, broadcast and any other formats; for the purposes of our website(s) and applications(s);
- Communication: communicating with you via any media (including telephone, email, text message, social media post(s), or in person etc.) to make available to you news items and other information in which you may be interested, to maintain and update your contact information, and to troubleshoot any issues or problems you may be having;
- Systems & Security: management of our communications systems; operation of IT security systems; IT security and system audits; health and safety assessments; record keeping; compliance with regulatory requirements; physical security of premises (records of visitor logs etc.), and electronic security (login records etc.);
- Surveys: engaging with you for the purposes of obtaining your views on our content / services or other matters, on the products and services of third parties, on issues and topics related to news and current affairs;
- Legal: complying with our legal and regulatory obligations under applicable law, pursuing or defending our legal rights; compliance with policies(including detecting, investigating and preventing potential breaches of it); protecting the rights, property, and safety of us, our users or the public; investigating, detecting, preventing and reporting any address fraud, illegality, security or technical issues or criminal offences in accordance with applicable law;
- ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You may access your personal and demographic information, contact details, consent records, payment details, views, opinions and comments in order to view, update and/or correct it except when your account has been reported by anyone and/or deactivated by us for a potential breach of our policies, terms and guidelines. We may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
- We may disclose your information to other entities within the Green & White group, for legitimate business purposes.
- We may disclose your personal data to third parties such as:
- Legal and regulatory authorities either upon their request, or for the purposes of reporting any actual or suspected breach of law/regulation;
- Our accountants, auditors, lawyers or other outside professional advisors (subject to binding confidentiality obligations);
- Third party processors (such as payment services providers, shipping companies, website developers and maintenance providers, IT support, e-commerce portals) for the purposes of providing services to us subject to confidentiality obligations;
- Any relevant parties, law enforcement agencies or courts / tribunals or other such forums to the extent necessary for the pursuit or defence of our legal rights; or for the prevention, investigation, detection or prosecution of criminal offences or the execution of criminal penalties, or preventing threats to public security;
- Prospective buyer(s), purchaser(s), or acquirer(s), as part of any valuation or acquisition of the platform and subject to confidentiality obligations. Further, in the event, we transfer the control of all or parts of the website(s), application(s), or service(s), to any person/entity, then the information provided by you, to the extent that it is relevant to any part of our business so transferred, will be transferred along with that part.
- Your account is public by default. You can choose to change this in the settings. However, some of your actions such as comments, reviews, likes and ratings are visible to the public and may be read, collected or used by third parties. Additionally, we will not be responsible for any personally identifiable information that you choose to reveal through these actions.
- CUSTOMIZING CONTENT
- The processing of your information may include automated decision making, or algorithms which are carried out in order to display personalized and preferential content to you. This means that we may analyse your usage of our platform along with other publicly available information and any comments, reviews, star ratings or likes in order to determine the most appropriate content that may interest you. Therefore, you may see content differently on our platform as compared to other users. Similarly, we may use your geographical origin information in order to display content and services relevant to that geographic area.
- We store your information in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse, loss, unlawful or accidental destruction, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. However, as the internet is an open system, the transmission of information via the internet can never be completely secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us using the internet. Any such transmission is at your risk and you are responsible for ensuring any information you send to us is sent in a secure manner.
- DEACTIVATING OR DELETING YOUR ACCOUNT
- You can request that your account be deactivated / deleted at any time by contacting us. When your account is deactivated, your user profile and all public activities (such as comments, reviews and ratings) will be hidden from public view. When your account is deleted, your user profile and all public activities (such as comments, reviews and ratings) will be hidden from public view for a period of __________, after which it will be permanently deleted / anonymized and aggregated.
- We will retain copies of your information for as long as we maintain an ongoing relationship with you, or you remain subscribed to our mailing list. Further, we may also retain any information that is required to be preserved or retained under the applicable law for the prescribed minimum periods. Similarly, if any relevant legal claims are brought and/or are pending, we may continue to process/retain your information for such additional periods as are necessary in connection with them.
- This Policy may be amended or updated from time to time to reflect changes in our practices with respect to the processing of personal date, or changes in applicable law. Therefore, we encourage you to read this Policy carefully, and to regularly check this page to review any changes we might make.